Hive Secundus
June 2025
My initial thoughts were to leave this box and concentrate on my pile of shame. However I read a couple of Necromunda novels on holiday and along with a number of reviews that suggest Secundus is good for solo players led to a purchase from a well known discounter. I am buying the ruined underhive from GW along with the enforcer style ambots as they are online only.
The box is opened. There are enough reviews out there to satisfy most people. I will comment on my progress from now until the first game. You will notice a windmill in the background and some metal figures - these are Irish brigade figures for my Montrose army for the English Civil War, to be primed with my plastics. The three beer tins are for Necromunda. I am unsure whether to paint the whole tin or leave the garish imagery and just partially cover the images in paint and rust. Very much a transition at present.
The first Spryer done. Quite fiddly for a 69 year old with dodgy eyes, you will see that more clearly once painted. In order to maximise my time I am painting purely for table top vision. I will be cursed by whoever inherits these figures but these are for my time on Earth and so basic paint jobs all the way for the majority of figures. Luckily my old GW inks plus washes plus contrast paints all lead to great table top looks, just don't pick them up and examine too closely!
Starting the Brood scum - note the Samurai lurking in the corner. I was almost as bad back in the old 'Airfix days', as every box of figures was purchased regardless of era.
The Spryers, three Malstrain and Brood scum glued. Will try to finish the rest and get them undercoated in one batch. Unless of course distracted, I have seen some cheap plastic bamboo for Test of Honour and some nice buildings.....................Hmm!





No comments:
Post a Comment